Version 10.4.0 from April 06.2022
The highlight of the new version is the newly integrated optional WebDAV server. This has significantly enhanced the possibilities of client-side photo management:
- Create / delete directories, photos and videos.
- Copying of photos / videos via operating system commands (copy, or drag/drop into folders)
- Integration into PicApport's internal permission management
- Easy configuration of WebDAV shares
- Almost all current operating systems offer today the possibility to access a WebDAV server
For more information see: Configuration and use of the WebDAV server integrated in PicApport
- The directory browser can now be configured so that empty directories are no longer displayed.
- New parameter client.hideemptyfolders. See
- New User-Option dirbrowser.emptyfolders. See
- Log4J updated to version 2.16.0 2.17.2
Version 10.3.1 from December 15.2021
- Log4J updated to version 2.16.0 see also: Apache Log4j - JNDI features do not protect against attacker controlled LDAP and other JNDI related endpoints
Version 10.3.0 with Log4J 2.15.0 was replaced by 10.3.01 after only one day.
- Fixed problems with back button of slideshow while loading thumbnails.
- Fixed problem with SSL Support of multi Domains (server was not started under certain circumstances).
Version 10.2.0 from October 15.2021
(Version 10.1 was never released to the public. 10.1 was distributed internally to Contecon and to selected beta testers in the summer of 2021, tested extensively and published as 10.2 in October )
This is certainly one of the highlights of the new version. It is now possible to define a separate color scheme for each user account.
A color scheme consists of a base color and a background mode (light or dark).
If no special color scheme is selected for a user, the default scheme (PicApport blue on light background) is used automatically.
The global color scheme can be changed to your own defaults via the server configuration.
Independent of this, the color scheme can be set individually for each user by the administrator via the user administration in the web-interface.
Provided that a user has the right to change his own password, the respective user can also change the color scheme himself. ( see client.theme.color and client.theme.darktheme in the PicApport-Server Guide)
Here are a few links to play and try out:
- Screenshot Gallery with many examples and color codes: https://www.picapport.de/theme-gallery/
- PicApport Online Demo Neutral Dark Mode: https://en.onlinedemo.picapport.de/picapport?atu=4ezyu93PSfiG10OS34LV3w
- PicApport Online Demo Dark Blue: https://en.onlinedemo.picapport.de/picapport?atu=XWJRdLAWTnKVbrUUoZ539w
- PicApport Online Demo Mint: https://en.onlinedemo.picapport.de/picapport?atu=TlYAUblvQ4mITeN8mlZP4A
Filters for metadata update and removal of photos
The two newly introduced filters now make it possible to limit the deletion of photos or editing of metadata to specific photos.
A typical use case is to give a user the right to edit only photos he uploaded himself.
The documentation for the filters can be found here: PicApport - Usermanagement
Folder icons are now supported
In version 10.2 it is now possible to manually set the icons used as proxies for directories in the timeline and directory browser.
Folder icons are displayed in the directory browser and the timeline.
Additionally, the title of the folder icon is displayed as title in the timeline
Together with the new Rename function (see below), it is now very easy to use your own images as directory thumbnails by naming them accordingly.
The user needs the permission to change metadata.
Only .jpg files can be used as folder icons.
The filename must end with folder.jpg (case insensitive). Valid filenames are e.g.:
- If there are several ...folder.jpg files in a directory, it is not defined which one is used.
Rating bar in the slideshow
- The newly introduced Rating Bar allows you to quickly and easily tag, like, and rate the current photo without taking up too much space.
- The Rating Bar is activated by clicking in the top center of the image or by pressing the R key
Logon mechanism improved
- The logon page of the web GUI now allows optional saving of the entered user ID/password combination in all current browsers.
Renaming files via the web GUI is now supported
If exactly one file is selected in the thumbnail view, it can now also be renamed. To do this, a Filename input field appears at the bottom of the sidebar for editing the metadata.
The rename also works for videos and other formats such as pdf, which can be used via various plugins.
The user needs permission to change metadata.
The file extension cannot be changed except .jpg to .jpeg and vice versa.
Only the name can be changed, not the path
- Documentation user permissions revised: PicApport - Usermanagement
JAVA 17 Support
The present version 10.2 runs under Java 8 - Java 17.
For this the following internal libraries were updated
- Generate SSL certificates
- Java Mail updated to javax.mail-1.6.2
- JAXB updated
- Add-ons under Java 17
For this the Groovy runtime environment must be updated to version 3.0.9.
See the updated documentation Manual Installation (all operating systems) in the PicApport Add-on Installation Guide.
- Dynamic queries can now be edited afterwards (name, query and sorting)
- Jetty updated to 9.4.43
Update the database engine to OrientDB 3.0.37
The database is rebuilt after an update
- Logging improved (fsmStatus added to status)
- Bugfix update mechanism user rights 8.06 was not written.
- A sometimes unnecessary vertical slider in thumbnail view removed.
Version 10.01.01 from June, 14.2021
With the introduction of PicApport version 10 in June 2021, the functions to support automated workflows have been massively expanded.
Videos (mp4 and Quicktime) can now be uploaded directly via the PicApport web interface, e.g. from a cell phone or tablet.
Metadata like title, tags and rating are set directly via the web interface and stored in the video container files.
A new add-on for image content-based categorization of photos via a dedicated AI module complements the previous options for automatic tag generation.
The new add-on supports more than 70 categories and works without loading photos into the cloud.
More details about the above mentioned and many other new highlight are described below:
New doc: How to upload new photos and videos to PicApport server?
This documentary was long overdue and can be found here: How to upload new photos and videos to PicApport server?
PicApport Add-on: (PAI) Automatic tagging of photos.
Uses the AI included in the add-on to tag photos hierarchically. No data is transferred to internet cloud service providers.
The full description of the add-on including all categories can be found here: PicApport Add-on: (PAI) Automatic tagging of photos
Examples from from the online demo (click to enlarge)
Update metadata now also in videos
Metadata of videos was managed in the shadow files until now (as with all plugins).
With the current version these are now also always written into the original files.
For this the XMP format is used within the video file.
Supported container formats: MPEG-4, Quicktime (mp4, m4v, mov, qt)
The following metadata will be added to the original files after updates:
- Recording date
- GPS data
- Add-on specific data fields determined by add-ons.
Video Upload Support (*.mp4, *.m4v, *.qt, *.mov)
- : Requires the installation of the latest video plugin PicApportVideoThumbnailPlugin v1.7.00. IMPORTANT
Download on: https://www.picapport.de/en/plugins.php
- Configuration (see also PicApport-Server Guide):
Parameter upload.max.filesize.mb default value increased from 10MB to 100MB
New parameter upload.allow.video (default = true Additionally the PicApportVideoThumbnailPlugin must be installed V1.7)
New default for parameter client.video.types.json (extended by Quicktime)
New variables and changed defaults for upload directory (upload.path)
Upload in general
- Changed default of upload.tag.prefix from PicApport/ to $PicApport/. (see also PicApport-Server Guide)
- New variables and changed defaults for upload directory upload.path. (see also PicApport-Server Guide)
- $UID$ - Replaced by userID (who is doing the upload)
- $YYYY$ - Will be replaced by the current year (date the photo was taken)
- $MM$ - Will be replaced by the current month (date the photo was taken)
- $DD$ - Will be replaced by the current day (date the photo was taken)
- $TITLE$ - Max. 127 characters of the title entered for the upload. (Invalid characters will be replaced with _(underscore)
- $UYYY$ - Replaced by userID (who is doing the upload)
- $UM$ - Replaced by userID (who is doing the upload)
- $UD$ - replaced by current day (of the upload)
Add-ons in general
New feature: Possibility to run an add-on for all photos of a query
See also PicApport Add-on Guide
New feature: Possibility to start an add-on automatically for new photos uploaded to the server (pagpPicApportAITagger, pagpOSMGeoReverseEncoder already use this feature)
See also PicApport Add-on Guide
New add-on: pagpPicApportAITagger (see PicApport Add-on: (PAI) Automatic tagging of photos)
With a viewtime of 900 seconds (15 minutes) per image no more images came after about 1.5 hours with the default value for sessiontimeout (see server.session.timeout.seconds in the PicApport-Server Guide). The problem was fixed.
If you continued to swipe to the next image while autoplay was running, the time for the next photo was undefined. This is now set to viewtime in a defined way.
When starting autoplay manually, the next photo now always comes after about one second (was undefined before).
The maximum value of viewtime via URL call was increased from 900 to 86400 seconds (24h)
Possibility to use PKCS12 certificates
- New configuration parameter: (see also PicApport-Server Guide)
- New parameter withatu for authorizeWebApiSession
- 2 new info fields in getServerStatus:
- "uploadMaxFilesizeMB": 100
- "supportedVideoTypes": [".mov", ".mp4"]
- The internally used upload library dropzone was updated to 5.7.0
- The WebGui of the upload functionality was updated
- Better support of network drives (see parameter robot.check.root.before.db.remove in PicApport-Server Guide)
- Console logging of orientdb set to WARNING by default
- Error logging improved
- Certificate management now Java 15 compatible
- AccessTokenUser now always get new different values when generated
- Flushing when downloading large zip-files improved (could lead to errors)
- Add-on data fields were not completely removed from the database when removing them from the images (only when rebuilding the DB)