Version 10.01.01 from June, 14.2021
With the introduction of PicApport version 10 in June 2021, the functions to support automated workflows have been massively expanded.
Videos (mp4 and Quicktime) can now be uploaded directly via the PicApport web interface, e.g. from a cell phone or tablet.
Metadata like title, tags and rating are set directly via the web interface and stored in the video container files.
A new add-on for image content-based categorization of photos via a dedicated AI module complements the previous options for automatic tag generation.
The new add-on supports more than 70 categories and works without loading photos into the cloud.
More details about the above mentioned and many other new highlight are described below:
New doc: How to upload new photos and videos to PicApport server?
This documentary was long overdue and can be found here: How to upload new photos and videos to PicApport server?
PicApport Add-on: (PAI) Automatic tagging of photos.
Uses the AI included in the add-on to tag photos hierarchically. No data is transferred to internet cloud service providers.
The full description of the add-on including all categories can be found here: PicApport Add-on: (PAI) Automatic tagging of photos
Examples from from the online demo (click to enlarge)
Update metadata now also in videos
Metadata of videos was managed in the shadow files until now (as with all plugins).
With the current version these are now also always written into the original files.
For this the XMP format is used within the video file.
Supported container formats: MPEG-4, Quicktime (mp4, m4v, mov, qt)
The following metadata will be added to the original files after updates:
- Recording date
- GPS data
- Add-on specific data fields determined by add-ons.
Video Upload Support (*.mp4, *.m4v, *.qt, *.mov)
- : Requires the installation of the latest video plugin PicApportVideoThumbnailPlugin v1.7.00. IMPORTANT
Download on: https://www.picapport.de/en/plugins.php
- Configuration (see also PicApport-Server Guide):
Parameter upload.max.filesize.mb default value increased from 10MB to 100MB
New parameter upload.allow.video (default = true Additionally the PicApportVideoThumbnailPlugin must be installed V1.7)
New default for parameter client.video.types.json (extended by Quicktime)
New variables and changed defaults for upload directory (upload.path)
Upload in general
- Changed default of upload.tag.prefix from PicApport/ to $PicApport/. (see also PicApport-Server Guide)
- New variables and changed defaults for upload directory upload.path. (see also PicApport-Server Guide)
- $UID$ - Replaced by userID (who is doing the upload)
- $YYYY$ - Will be replaced by the current year (date the photo was taken)
- $MM$ - Will be replaced by the current month (date the photo was taken)
- $DD$ - Will be replaced by the current day (date the photo was taken)
- $TITLE$ - Max. 127 characters of the title entered for the upload. (Invalid characters will be replaced with _(underscore)
- $UYYY$ - Replaced by userID (who is doing the upload)
- $UM$ - Replaced by userID (who is doing the upload)
- $UD$ - replaced by current day (of the upload)
Add-ons in general
New feature: Possibility to run an add-on for all photos of a query
See also PicApport Add-on Guide
New feature: Possibility to start an add-on automatically for new photos uploaded to the server (pagpPicApportAITagger, pagpOSMGeoReverseEncoder already use this feature)
See also PicApport Add-on Guide
New add-on: pagpPicApportAITagger (see PicApport Add-on: (PAI) Automatic tagging of photos)
With a viewtime of 900 seconds (15 minutes) per image no more images came after about 1.5 hours with the default value for sessiontimeout (see server.session.timeout.seconds in the PicApport-Server Guide). The problem was fixed.
If you continued to swipe to the next image while autoplay was running, the time for the next photo was undefined. This is now set to viewtime in a defined way.
When starting autoplay manually, the next photo now always comes after about one second (was undefined before).
The maximum value of viewtime via URL call was increased from 900 to 86400 seconds (24h)
Possibility to use PKCS12 certificates
- New configuration parameter: (see also PicApport-Server Guide)
- New parameter withatu for authorizeWebApiSession
- 2 new info fields in getServerStatus:
- "uploadMaxFilesizeMB": 100
- "supportedVideoTypes": [".mov", ".mp4"]
- The internally used upload library dropzone was updated to 5.7.0
- The WebGui of the upload functionality was updated
- Better support of network drives (see parameter robot.check.root.before.db.remove in PicApport-Server Guide)
- Console logging of orientdb set to WARNING by default
- Error logging improved
- Certificate management now Java 15 compatible
- AccessTokenUser now always get new different values when generated
- Flushing when downloading large zip-files improved (could lead to errors)
- Add-on data fields were not completely removed from the database when removing them from the images (only when rebuilding the DB)